There are many types of bibliographies and the leading bibliographies defer slightly in the names they assign to its various branches. There are primarily, of two kinds.
- General bibliography;
- Special bibliography.
1. General Bibliography : It comprises :
- i. Universal Bibliography (through earlier it was only at an ideal, presently the technology has almost made it a practical proposition);
- ii. Language bibliography;
- iii. National bibliography; and
- iv. Regional bibliography.
2. Special bibliography : This includes :
- i. Subject bibliography;
- ii. Author and bio-bibliographies;
- iii. Bibliography of forms of literature;
- iv. Bibliography of materials of particular periods;
- v. Bibliographies of special categories of literature; and
- vi. Bibliographies of specific types of materials.
Current and retrospective bibliographic, primary and secondary bibliographies and bibliographies of bibliographies are other categories. But every type is not strictly called a bibliography. For example, a list of periodical articles is an index. Similarly, we have concordances, calendars, wiscographies, pictographies, directories and so on..
Thanks for the information
Thanks for making us current