Natural Classification VS Artificial Classification.
Natural Classification: One in which qualities which are either inborn/intrinsic or are essential to the existence of the thing or things to be divided are adopted as the ‘difference’ or characteristic of arrangement,e.g. dividing ‘living creatures’ into invertebrates and vertebrates. One which exhibits the inherent properties of the things classified, and which groups or separates them according to their natural likeness or unlikeness.
Artificial Classification: One in which some accidental thing is adopted as the “difference”, for example, the size of a book.
|Natural Classification||Artificial Classification|
|1. Classification based on important points of similarity.||Classification according to some unimportant or less important points of resemblance.|
|2. It is grouping of thesis according to nature’s plan and order.||Grouping of things according to the purpose of individual concerned.|
|3. It is an objective classification.||It is an subjective classification.|
|4. It is for general purpose.||It is subjective purpose.|
|5. Natural classification is a language of ideas, mind and thoughts.||Book classification is a language of ordinary numbers.|
|6. It is expressed through methods of expression, not merely through words.||It is expressed through words, figure language, cyber language.|
|7. It is designed for extensive thoughts and knowledge.||It is designed for specific purpose of mechanizing arrangement.|
- All post of Library Classification here
- About Library Classification
- Types of Library Classification Schemes
- Features of Library Classification Scheme
- Purpose & Objectives of Library Classification
- Dewey Decimal Classification: Brief Information of DDC
- DDC 23rd Edition
- Advantages and Disadvantages of DDC (Dewey Decimal Classification) Scheme
- Colon Classification: A brief Information About Library Colon Classification
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Colon Classification (CC)
- Universal Decimal Classification (UDC)
- Advantages and disadvantage of UDC (Universal Decimal Classification)
- Comparative Analysis Between DDC, UDC and CC Classification Scheme
- Library Classification Schemes
- Enumerative Classification Scheme
- Freely Faceted Classification
- Difference between Natural Classification and Artificial Classification
- Special Features of Book Classification and its type
- Generalia Class / Waste-Paper Basket Class
- Criteria of book classification
- Purposes of library classification
It’s a good guide to library classification research I appreciate thanks alot.